19 July 2008

day 20: shopping & night life

Date: Saturday, July 19th, 2008

I was feeling pretty sulky this morning because most of our group has gone to Amsterdam or to the Lore Valley for the weekend and I was kicking myself for not planning a trip for the weekend. Last night instead of doing something fun, I was watching movies and tv shows by myself online until maybe 4am (after a two hour nap somewhere in between.) This morning I was looking up some ticket prices this morning but they're all quite expensive and even though I was tempted to spend 120 euros traveling to Geneva next weekend, I don't know who would want to go with me.

So I did a bad thing. Zak wanted to check if the H&M had the shirt he wanted in a different size so I decided I wanted to go shopping. Nic came along too because I'm sure he's just as bored as the rest of us are. The other girls who are still here went shopping yesterday so they didn't come. I spent a good hour or two there (I don't remember, I didn't keep track) but I'm happy with what I purchased. There was a lot of stuff that was on sale and I actually found some items that I liked that were only three euros each (marked down from 10 to 25 euros). I bought a full priced dress and a good cardigan (because I need another top that isn't my brown knit sweater or my UCSD sweatshirt). The point is, I spent money to make myself feel better. Hopefully I do something more productive tomorrow, like actually explore Paris.

Went to dinner with Clementine. Well not really dinner so much had champagne at a chic little brasserie called La Rotonde at Montparnasse. It was tasty and I always love hanging out with her. :)

No comments: