13 July 2008

day 14: les deux magots et étudier

Today I met with Clementine for lunch (her birthday is tomorrow, Bastille Day.) She and her father came by school to pick me up and we were planning on going to the Champs-Elysee to find a brasserie but traffic was quite horrendous so we got dropped off at Saint Germain des Présto eat at one of two famous cafes that surround the area. The first one, Café de Flore was very crowded so we checked out Les Deux Magots and they had room for us. We were delayed a bit by the traffic and Clem had an appointment for a spa at 2:30 PM so déjeuner was a bit rushed.

All the same, I satiated the grumble in my tummy with a delicious Croque Monsieur (that is, ham and cheese on toast) and they were generous with the cheese so it was quite delicious. Clem had Les Deux Magots beef tartare which apparently is some sort of partially raw beef mixed with sauces... intriguing but I certainly wasn't adventurous enough today to try any. :P

Photobucket

The rest of my day will (ideally) consist of studying and very likely some study breaks. OK I already had a study break and I was drawn by the movie Catch Me If You Can and then I read a bit about Frank Abagnale on Wikipedia but now I'm returning to those articles. There are so many terms that are specific to the scholars' esoteric realms of study... I may need to make a word bank to fully comprehend but then again, I may just read them several times. We'll see... À bientôt!

No comments: