17 July 2008

day 18 & 19: day of recovery & the louvre

Dates: Thursday, July 17th, 2008 and Friday July 18th, 2008

Today is my day of recuperation. If we're going to the Louvre tomorrow, I'm definitely going to take it easy tonight. The Louvre was overwhelming as it has always been. I didn't bring my camera and I wasn't feeling in tip top shape so unfortunately I have no pictures and really not much to share, either. Nike of Samothrace is still one of my favorite statues, I still love seeing Castiglione's telling eyes (thank you Raphael) and the Madonna of the Rock's hands still impress me. Also, the Death of Sardanapalus (Delacroix) is still huge and impressive as are Liberty Leading the People and the Medusa Raft (Gericault). No one else seems like Flemish and Dutch painting which I still enjoy. I also didn't have time to sit in the Greek statues gallery and soak up the ethereal goodness of it all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.